And You'll Be Walking On Air

"Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be."

Almost 3 weeks ago, Rodger Swan, who I knew through a private forum, died. I burst into tears when I read it and still can’t really believe it. He was such a wonderful, incredibly nice, genuine, compassionate and amazing person and so full of enthusiasm. I’m deeply saddened and have been thinking about it a lot. He just turned 23 this December and was teaching English in Japan. He was so excited for his winter break because he flew back to America to see his girlfriend Rebecca again and to celebrate Christmas and New Years Eve with her and their families. Early in January he returned to Japan and said that it was the happiest time of his life… He also said that he has a feeling that 2010 will be a great year… He bought a ticket to Japan for Rebecca for Spring Break, because he wanted to ask for her hand there and he already had so many things planned for that. He truly and deeply loved her so much. I can only imagine her pain; this is really horrible. They had something special and now it has been taken from them and it brings so many tears to my eyes to know that they will not experience the future they had so joyfully planned. I am glad he got to see everyone shortly before he passed at least that is a comfort.
Rodger had such a bright light and brought so much inspiration too many people. He was so in love with life and optimistic. He touched the hearts of many and always had kind words of wisdom and encouragement for everyone. It’s so scary that one day you can be full of life and love, and the next day you or they are gone. He will be greatly missed by many people, more than he could ever have imagined. He showed us how to live our lives and reminded us to truly enjoy it. To never pass over the little things, to live laid back, and to truly love everyone. He will live on in people hearts and memories ...

“Rodger suddenly fell ill in the early hours on 26th of January morning and died shortly afterwards in a hospital in Kitakami. He was with a close friend. The results and the official cause of death was Internal bleeding in the abdominal cavity caused by acute pancreatitis.“
His funeral was on 8th of February.

He also had a Youtube Channel were he posted about Japan. I never knew it was so big and quite popular until now. His last video was posted a day before he died and he looked great!

This is the last video posted on 25th of January.





0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment